Last updated: 13 November 2023
We are WE ARE HERE LIMITED, incorporated in England and Wales under company registration number 06830881. Our registered office is at Plus X Innovation, Lewes Rd, Brighton and Hove, Brighton BN2 4GL
We may, at any time and without notice, terminate your access to or use of this website. If we do so, you do not have the right to bring any claim or claims against us.
- Copyright notice
Unless we expressly state otherwise, the copyright and any other intellectual property rights, including but not limited to design rights, trade marks and patents appearing anywhere on this website remain our property, whether owned by or licensed to us.
You may not use any of the material on this website without our prior written permission for your own commercial purposes, whether by reproducing, copying, downloading, printing, linking to, editing, broadcasting, distributing or otherwise. You may use it for your own personal non-commercial use.
Accessing or using this website or its content in any way is done entirely at your own risk. You will be responsible for any loss or damage to any computer, device, software, systems or data resulting directly or indirectly from the use or inability to use this website or its content.
We are under no obligation to provide uninterrupted access to this website. We reserve the right to restrict your access to this website at any time and for any reason.
We do not guarantee that the contents of this website will be free of errors, bugs, worms, trojans or viruses or otherwise make any representations as to the quality or accuracy or completeness of the content available on the website including, but not limited to any price quotes, stock availability data or non-fraudulent representations. You are responsible for maintaining appropriate software on your computer or device to protect you from any such errors, bugs, worms, trojans or viruses.
Our Mastodon instance (backpacklife.social) is part of a federated network. This means:
- Content you encounter may originate from other instances, and the content you submit can also be displayed and stored on other instances. Different instances have their own terms of service, moderation practices, and data policies. We cannot guarantee the nature or accuracy of content or its treatment on other instances. We encourage users to exercise discretion when interacting within this federated system.
- Your data will remain on our instance until you decide to delete your account. However, please note that content propagated to other instances might remain there even after you delete it from our instance, as those instances may have different data retention policies.
- We actively work to maintain a positive environment. While we endeavor to block domains that exhibit abusive behavior, the vast and decentralized nature of the federated network means we might not catch everything immediately. Reporting abusive or suspicious domains to us is not only welcomed but is greatly helpful in ensuring the safety and integrity of our platform.
- Mastodon provides tools allowing you to download your content or transfer your account to another instance. We encourage users to familiarize themselves with these tools, especially if they’re considering transitioning to another instance or want a backup of their content.
Please remember, by participating in this federated network, users are responsible for the content they choose to share. It can subject them to the terms and conditions of other instances. We advise all users to be aware of the broader implications of content distribution within this system.
- Links to third party websites
This website may provide links out to websites or other online resources under the control of third parties. Any such links are provided solely for your convenience. We have no control over the contents of these third-party resources. We are not responsible for the contents of any linked websites and do not endorse them in any way.
- Links from third party websites
You can link to this website, so long as you do so fairly and without suggesting any affiliation, endorsement, approval or association with WE ARE HERE LIMITED if there is none. We reserve the right to withdraw permission to link to our site at any time.
- Content submitted by you
You acknowledge that you are responsible for all content you submit to this website and you must ensure that all content you post, publish, upload or distribute to this website (whether via comments, articles, or any other method):
- does not breach any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- is not defamatory, offensive, abusive or threatening;
- does not breach a third party’s privacy rights;
- is not confidential or otherwise owned by a third party;
- does not contain any advertisements unless we have consented to this in writing;
- does not contain any viruses or otherwise threaten our computer systems or our customers’ computer systems; and
- does not breach any applicable laws.
Users are also expected to adhere to the Code of Conduct, which can be found here. Violation of these guidelines may result in restricted access or termination of use. Our community platform on backpacklife.social also has some “Server Rules” which can be found here.
By submitting content to this website, you agree to grant us an unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, ongoing, transferable and royalty-free licence to use, store, reproduce, display, publish or distribute your content.
- Entire agreement
- Applicable law